“Our self-respect tracks our choices. Every time we act in harmony with our authentic self and our heart, we earn our respect. It is that simple. Every choice matters.”
– Dan Coppersmith
A major part of my journey is loving myself, and accepting who I am …not just on the outside but on the inside. It is simple to change the way you are physically by working out, and eating healthy. But the muscle that is the toughest to improve is our mind. We are so quick to fix our physical appearance to “gain confidence” but neglect the root of our self doubt… our mind. This confidence is temporary. We are lying to ourself if we truly are not proud of who we are inside. How do we expect others to love us or accept us if we do not appreciate ourself. Throughout my journey this has been my biggest set back. I want to workout for myself and feel good for myself, so when I can look at myself in the mirror and see that there is so much more than my physical appearance. I have not reach this level of self appreciation but I will share with you guys what I have been doing to improve myself when it comes to self-love.
12 steps to self-love:
1. Appreciate all your body and Mind is capable of.
2. Write down at least 10 things you like about yourself physically & mentally.
3. Acknowledge and Remind yourself that “true beauty” is not simply skin deep..that beauty is a state of mind, not a state of your body.
4. Every time you look at yourself, do not focus on specific parts… try and look at yourself as a whole.
5. Write down positive and motivational messages on sticky notes and paste them on the mirrors around the house. ( I also know people who do motivational walls)
6. Surround yourself with positive people.
7. Read motivational books or listen to podcasts.
8. Every time you hear voices in your head that tell you negative comments shut them down and breath. Try to remain positive.
9. Wear clothes that make you feel comfortable and confident. Do not wear clothes that you think that need society’s approval.
10. Disconnect from social media or try to not compare yourself with what is considered beautiful in social media. (You are you and that is your super power)
11. TREAT YOUR SELF. (Shopping, spa day, or even a nice meal..do no over do it LOL)
12. Use the time that you spend shaming your body, worrying about food, or the gym and use that time to do things that you enjoy by putting yourself out there.
Here is a book about self confidence written by Bryan Shannon:
It is honestly a good read, for those who need more motivation and help finding their inner confidence.
Bulletproof: A Guide to Solid Confidence and Self Esteem.
CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO ORDER ON AMAZON!!!! For $2.99
Here is the app I use to listen to positive messages it is called headspace: Its Free through your app store
Click the link to download: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/headspace-guided-meditation/id493145008?mt=8